Plant Area Assistant
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can bring passion to our family run garden centre. We have one of the largest plant areas in the area and are looking for people to take it forward.
- You will undertake daily watering and stocking up of the plant areas.
- You will create dynamic displays and encourage customer sales.
- You will confidently answer customer queries and be knowledgeable about planting, combinations and looking after plants.
- You’ll have a passion for plants.
- You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be commercially aware and understand how to care for plants in a retail environment.
- You understand what makes a high-quality shopping experience for your customers.
- You are creative and know effective planting combinations as well as knowledge to offer advice and tips to our customers.
- Horticultural experience desired, whether that’s in the form of a relevant qualification and/or experience of working in a garden centre, plant retail or a similar environment.
- Good plant knowledge preferred.
- Good communication and customer service skills essential.
Hours of work are 40 hours, 5 days a week including one weekend day.
This is a great opportunity to join a local independent garden centre that is proud to serve and support the local community.
- Competitive rate of pay
- 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Free staff car park
- Staff Discount - that can be used across all departments
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Click the link below to apply - Good Luck